We’ve deployed an all-new Adafruit IO user interface that should be faster, more responsive and streamlined than our previous UI. Beyond being faster and generally nicer to look at, another benefit of this change is it’s going to allow us to develop new features and fix existing bugs much more quickly than before. The high level changelog of the new features is below.
This should only impact the front-end browser UI. There should be no impact to your device connectivity or API/MQTT calls.
The UI is now directly using our API V2. It’s recommended that you also utilize the API V2 going forward. We’re working on updating our documentation and tutorials to indicate this as well. Also, if you’re using one of the many compatible devices, we highly recommend using our new client library that significantly simplifies and wraps the boilerplate needed to get a project going: https://github.com/adafruit/Adafruit_IO_Arduino
IO Changelog (high level):
- Updated design across the site
- Faster, more responsive and streamlined than before
- New charting features
- New Dashboard layout engine
- More granular permissions (in API V2) for your data
- New Activity page which should be more useful than before
- New functional sidebar in feeds page
- New dashboard block creation experience
- Bug fixes and performance optimizations